Subscribers can finally have their numbers processed for life regardless of carrier
After it was signed into law by Pres. Rodrigo Duterte, the National Telecommunications Commission (NTC) has released the implementing rules and regulation (IRR) of the measure.
Starting July 2, subscribers can have their number processed permanently for life, allowing them to have one mobile number even if they decided to switch carriers. In order to qualify, subscribers must abide to the following conditions:
- Applicants don’t have any outstanding financial obligation with the donor provider
- The mobile number used in a device is not locked to any mobile service provider
- Applicants should wait for 60 calendar days from the date of activation of the ported number
- That there’s no pending request for transfer/assignment of the mobile number
- That there’s no order from a court of law stopping the mobile number porting
- Number requested for porting is not blacklisted by a service provider due to previous fraudulent activities
Those applying should first request from the donor provider a nine-digit unique subscriber code (USC) which is valid for 15 days. From there, applicants should submit a porting application (PA) in person or through a duly authorized representative, or online, or through an SMS via a five-digit access code.
Once the application is received, telcos are obliged to complete the process within 48 hours, informing applicants of the request is successful or not.