Hybrid cloud storage – sound familiar?
Acer has officially pulled the wraps off of their newest phone, the Liquid Jade 2. The successor to the original Jade, the new phone now sports a fast Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 processor, 3GB of RAM and 32GB of storage, along with 1TB of hybrid cloud storage.
Acer Liquid Jade 2 specs
- Snapdragon 808 hexa-core processor
- 3GB of RAM
- 5.5-inch full HD display, 100 percent NTSC color gamut, 1920 x 1080 resolution
- 32GB of storage, 1TB of hybrid cloud storage
- 21-megapixel rear camera with dual LED flash, 4K recording, phase detection AF
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 3G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow
Essentially the phone transfers information from your phone to the cloud depending on its use, and if that sounds familiar, it’s because a startup called Nextbit offered the technology in their Robin smartphone though Acer is offering a lot more storage in the cloud – 1TB – as opposed to Nextbit.
No pricing or availability has been set for the new phone as of yet.