Another interesting comparo!
It’s not hard to deny that the Huawei Nova 2 Lite can be compared to a number of phones with similar specs. Aside from the ASUS ZenFone Max M1 and Cloudfone Next Infinity Pro, the Nova 2 Lite can be compared to the recently-launched Infinix Hot S3. Both use the same processor and RAM+Internal storage combo, though they have a few differences. Here’s a quick look at their spec sheet:
Nova 2 lite specs
- 1.4 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 octa-core processor
- 3GB of RAM
- 5.99-inch HD+ display, 18:9 display aspect ratio, 1440 x 720 resolution
- 32GB of storage, expandable via dedicated microSD
- 13-megapixel camera with f/2.2 aperture lens, 2-megapixel secondary camera with f/2.0 aperture lens, PDAF, LED flash
- 8-megapixel f/2.0 front cameras with selfie toning flash
- Dual SIM
- 3G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, fingerprint scanner, Face Unlock
- 3,000mAh battery
- Android Oreo with EMUI 8.0
Infinix Hot S3 specs
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 1.4GHz octa-core processor
- Adreno 505 GPU
- 3GB of RAM
- 5.65-inch HD+ IPS display, 1440 x 720
- 32GB of expandable storage, up to 128GB
- 13-megapixel rear camera with AF, LED flash
- 20-megapixel front selfie camera with LED flash
- Dual SIM
- 3G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, fingerprint scanner
- 4,000mAh battery
- Android 8.0 Oreo with XOS 3 overlay
Internals: Just the same
No need to compare in this department, as both the Nova 2 Lite and Hot S3 use the same processor, along with the same RAM and internal storage configuration.
Display: Bigger and brighter on the Nova 2 Lite
The Nova 2 Lite has a clear advantage over the Hot S3 as it has a bigger 5.99-inch panel to boot.
Camera: Can dual cameras do the job well?
While technically both the Nova 2 Lite and Hot S3 have the same rear camera setup, the Nova 2 Lite adds a 2-megapixel depth camera for those bokeh effects. We will have to test it ourselves to see if the addition of a secondary camera can make a significant difference in terms of quality.
The same can be said with the front camera, as we need to test for ourselves if the Hot S3’s selfie-centric 20-megapixel camera can do wonders compared to the Nova 2 Lite’s 8-megapixel front snapper.
Battery: Bigger pack on the Hot S3
The Hot S3 makes up for its smaller display with a bigger battery at 4000mAh compared to the Nova 2 Lite’s 3000mAh. While they both use a power-efficient processor, factors like software optimization can affect their battery life. We will be doing our usual tests to see if the bigger battery on the Hot S3 also equates to a longer battery life.
Extras: Plus points for Oreo
Another common denominator for both the Nova 2 Lite and Hot S3 is the fact that they have Android Oreo out of the box. The Nova 2 Lite, on the other hand, has face unlock as an added feature as well.
Verdict: Near even ground
Like our comparison with the ZenFone Max M1 and Next Infinity Pro, the Hot S3 has almost the same set of features as compared to the Nova 2 Lite. With the Hot S3 priced at around Php 8k, the final pricing on the Nova 2 Lite will be a major factor to consider.
Check out our other articles on the site: