More choices for Zenfone lovers
Like they promised, ASUS officially launched the Zenfone Laser at the Zenfestival in India today. But instead of a single device, ASUS is apparently launching a whole family of Zenfone Laser phones, starting from 5-inches all the way to 6-inches.
ASUS Zenfone Laser specs
- 1.2GHz qualcomm Snapdragon 410 processor (Zenfone Laser 5 and 5.5-inch)/Snapdragon 615 processor (Zenfone Laser 6-inch)
- 2GB/3GB of RAM
- 5-inch/5.5-inch HD display, Gorilla Glass 4 protection, 1280 x 720 resolution (Zenfone Laser 5 and 5.5), 6-inch full HD display, Gorilla Glass 4 Protection, 1920 x 1080 resolution
- 8GB/16GB of storage, expandable
- 13-megapixel rear camera with f/2.0 apeture, Laser AF
- 5-megapixel front camera
- 3G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS
- Android Lollipop
- 2070mAh/2400mAh/3000mAh battery
The new phones are difficult to distinguish from the Zenfone 2 family since it uses a similar body. As far as hardware goes, you’re looking at at either Snapdragon 410 or Snapdragon 615 processors, 2GB of RAM for the base model with a 3GB variant available,and at least 8GB of storage for the base model with 16GB of storage available for higher end models. You’re also taking a look at a 13-megapixel rear camera with f/2.0 aperture with a laser autofocus system, similar to LG’s G3 and G4. All models will be LTE capable, and will sport HD displays. We’re trying to get full specs of the devices so stand by for that.
As for pricing, the base model Zenfone Laser 5-inch (ZE500KL) is priced at INR 9,999 or Php 7,176 while the bigger 5.5-inch model is priced at INR 13,999 or Php 10K while the 6-inch model is priced at INR 17,999, or Php 12.9K.