It’ll be a Lazada exclusive for now
ASUS has finally taken the wraps off of their newest product offering in the Philippines, the ZenFone Max Pro M1. First unveiled in India, the ASUS ZenFone Max Pro M1 is a low-cost, mid-range smartphone that sports Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 636 processor along with a very aggressive price tag.
ASUS ZenFone Max Pro (M1) Specifications
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 processor
- Adreno 509 GPU
- 32GB expandable storage
- 6-inch Full HD+IPS display; 18:9 aspect ratio
- 13-megapixel main rear camera and 5-megapixel secondary rear camera with PDAF, LED flash
- 8-megapixel front camera with LED flash
- 4G, LTE
- Dual SIM
- WiFi, Bluetooth
- GPS, A-GPS
- Fingerprint scanner, NXP Smart Amplifier
- 5000mAh battery with 10W fast charging
Just like other countries where the phone was launched, the ZenFone Max Pro M1 will be an online-only affair, at least for now, with ASUS partnering with Lazada. Despite being listed in several configurations, only the 3GB/32GB variant of the phone will be sold in the Philippines for now, which carries the lower-spec 13-megapixel rear camera with a 5-megapixel depth sensor, and the 8-megapixel selfie shooter.
The phone is priced aggressively at Php 9,995, obviously meant to challenge the budget mid-range offering of Xiaomi, the Redmi Note 5. It’ll be available starting June 25, with pre orders starting tomorrow June 8.