Another refresh incoming!
ASUS has updated their big-batteried Zenfone Max smartphone in India today. The new version now has a speedier Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 octa-core processor instead of the previous quadcore 410 processor in the original.
ASUS Zenfone Max 2016 specs:
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 octa-core processor
- 2GB/3GB of RAM
- 5.5-inch HD display, Corning Gorilla Glass 4, 1280 x 720 resolution
- 32GB of storage, expandable via microSD
- 13-megapixel rear camera f/2.0 aperture with laser AF, dual LED flash
- 5-megapixel front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- 3G, Dual LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS
- 5000mAh battery
- Android Lollipop with ZenUI
The new model, dubbed ZC550KL, will come in two variations: 2GB and 3GB, and both versions will have 32GB of storage instead of 16GB in the original. Aside from the storage and RAM updates, the new phones still pack the same 5000mAh battery as the original, as well as the 5.5-inch IPS TFT display.
In India ASUS is pricing the newly updated phones at INR 9,999 for the 2GB RAM version (around 6.9K) and INR 12,999 (around 8.9K) for the 3GB version.