The ASUS Fonepad officially lands on Philippine shores next Tuesday, May 14, 2013. ASUS PH will be having a media event on that evening to showcase the features of their newest product. Of course the main selling point is that this gadget has phone functionalities which means you get the benefits of your mobile phone and tablet in just one device. The price tag is also very competitive given the specs as it’s expected that it will debut locally for a little over Php13,000.
Here’s a quick rundown of the specifications:
ASUS Fonepad Spec Sheet
- 1.6GHz Intel Atom Z2460 processor
- PowerVR SGX540 GPU
- 1GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage, expandable via MicroSD up to 32GB
- 7-inches WXGA (1280×800) IPS touchscreen display, 216ppi
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, HSPA+, Bluetooth 3.0 w/ A2DP, GPS w/ A-GPS, GLONASS
- 3.15-megapixels rear-facing autofocus camera
- 1.2-megapixels front-facing camera
- 4270mAh Li-Ion battery
- Android Jelly bean
ASUS Fonepad on the Unbox Podcast
We had Eason de Guzman, PR Product Specialist of ASUS PH, guest on the most recent episode of the Unbox Podcast. Watch the full podcast episode below but if you want to skip right to the Fonepad segment, go to 29:52.
Read our ASUS Fonepad Initial Review
We actually had some hands-on time with the ASUS Fonepad when it was first announced and revealed to the public in Barcelona, Spain during the Mobile World Congress. Click here to read our initial impressions.
Check back again next week for our coverage of the ASUS Fonepad launch in the Philippines!