A few days ago we unboxed the 5.5-inch version of the Zenfone 3 Max, dubbed the ZC553KL. One of the things that we discovered with the new phone is that its spec sheet is quite similar to another ZF3 device, namely the ZF3 Laser. The specs are so close in fact, that we postulated that the price for the ZC553KL would be pretty close to the ZF3 Laser when it’s released.
ASUS Zenfone 3 Max ZC553KL specs
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 octa-core processor
- Adreno 505
- 3GB of RAM
- 5.5-inch full HD IPS display, 2.5D glass, 1920 x 1080 resolution
- 32GB of expandable storage
- 16-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, laser AF
- 8-megapixel front camera
- Dual SIM
- 3G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, Fingerprint scanner
- Android Marshmallow 6.0, ZenUI 3.0
- 4100mAh battery
And it looks like we were right on the money – ASUS has officially priced the ZC553KL at Php 10,995, undercutting the ZF3 Laser by a couple of thousand pesos. Because of its lower price, it’s very possible that the ZC553KL may cannibalize sales for the more expensive ZF3 Laser which may lead to the Taiwanese brand discontinuing it in favor of the less expensive device.
Anyway, you can hit up our unboxing of the ZC553KL here if you can’t wait for our full review which should come out in the next few days.