We finally get an idea of how much the Selfie will go for
Along with three new smartphones, ASUS also launched their ZenFone Selfie during their Zenfestival event in India today. The Selfie, despite being announced back in COMPUTEX in June has not been officially launched in any other territory until now, so we had no idea just how much the new phone will go for.
ASUS Zenfone Selfie specs
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor
- Adreno 450 GPU
- 2GB/3GB RAM
- 5.5-inch full HD display with Gorilla Glass 4, 1920 x 1080 resolution
- 16GB/32GB storage,expandable via microSD up to 64GB
- 13-megapixel rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, dual LED real-tone flash, laser AF
- 13-megapixel front camera with f/2.2 aperture, wide angle lens, dual LED real tone flash, selfie panorama
- 3G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- Android Lollipop
- 3000mAh battery
That obviously changes today – the Selfie starts at just INR 15,999, or around Php 11.5K for the base version. At that price that puts the Selfie right between the 1.8GHz, 2GB RAM, full HD Zenfone 2 and their low-end ZE500CL. It’s an interesting price strategy to say the least; one that we’ll have to see in action here in the PH when the device officially launches here in the near future. Obviously the converted price isn’t the final price when the phone arrives on our shores, but it’s a good starting point for people who want to buy one nonetheless. It’s also important to note that ASUS has not announced yet the price of the higher-end version of the Selfie that has 3GB RAM and 32GB of internal storage.