ASUS is finally rolling out the Nougat update for their Zenfone 3 smartphone today. The new update will update the phone from Marshmallow to Android Nougat, and will also remove several annoying (and duplicate) apps from the phone that ASUS provides, reducing a little of the bloatware that comes with ZenUI.
The new update also adds a few other awesome stuff into the mix, which includes VoLTE, better battery life and other stuff. Here’s the full list:
- Add bundled notifications switch. (Settings > Notification > Configure notifications).
- Improve Touch performance.
- Enable FET VoLTE and VoWiFi.
- Remove “Share Link” as it does not work properly on Android N.
- Remove redundant app shortcuts “Audio Wizard”, “Splendid”, “System update” and “Flashlight” from all apps menu.
- Remove “Tap and hold to show menu” from, and add “Tap and hold to activate Multi-window” to Settings > ASUS customized settings > Recent apps key.
- Quick Settings now supports multiple pages, you can swipe left to right to see more quick settings if using more than 12. User can enter or edit screen by tap the edit button on top right corner to determine which settings enabling or disabling.
- Split “Ringtone & Notifications” volume bar into “Ringtone” and “Notification” volume bars on “Volume Panel” and “Sound & Vibration” Settings. So users can adjust “Ringtone” and “Notification” volume respectively.
- Remove Shake Shake from ZenMotion.
- Please note that some live wallpapers (Holo Spiral, Bubbles, Black Hole, Phase Beam) are not compatible with Android N and will be removed after system upgrade.
The new update is for the Zenfone 3 ZE552KL/ZE520KL, and comes in at a whopping 1.5GB in size.