Here’s the full spec list for the Priv
Canadian company BlackBerry has been drip feeding information about their newest smartphone, the Priv the past few months, probably to generate hype before launch date. Unfortunately, someone at HQ slipped up and accidentally posted the full specs of the Priv early.
- Snapdragon 808 hexa-core processor
- 3GB of RAM
- 5.4-inch curved QHD AMOLED display with Gorilla Glass 4, 2560 x 1440 resolution
- 32GB of storage, expandable via microSD up to 2TB
- 18-megapixel rear camera, OIS, PDAF, 6-element f/2.2 lens, dual LED flash
- 2-megapixel fixed focus camera, f/2.8 lens, 1.75um pixel size
- 3G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, NFC
- 3410mAh battery
- Android 5.1 Lollipop
While we already knew what kind of processor the Priv would have, it’s still nice to get a confirmation that it’ll be using Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 808 deca-core processor when it launches. Surprisingly enough, the phone uses a rather large battery and considering that there’s also a sliding keyboard stuffed in the body, it’s quite an engineering feat that the company managed to keep the body a mere 9.4mm thin. The 18-megapixel rear camera of the device looks impressive as well, and it seems like the 2-megapixel front camera uses an UltraPixel camera tech that’s not unlike what HTC used for their previous flagships.
The Priv is supposed to go on sale with a sticker price of $749, or around Php 35K. Obviously that’s still subject to change, and nothing is official until BlackBerry announces it for real.