A bigger BlackBerry is coming
BlackBerry’s PR arm locally has given us a heads up that they will officially be launching the Passport, BlackBerry’s uniquely shaped smartphone on November 25. The Passport is certainly one of the more interesting smartphones in the market today, partly because of its square size, and partly because of its physical keyboard.
BlackBerry Passport Specs
- 2.26GHz quad-core Qualcomm MSM8974AA Snapdragon 800 processor
- Adreno 330 GPU
- 3GB of RAM
- 4.5-inch IPS display, Corning Gorilla Glass 3, 1440 x 1440 resolution
- 32GB of storage, expandable via microSD up to 64GB
- 13-megapixel rear camera with AF, OIS and LED flash
- 2-megapixel front camera
- WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- 3G, LTE
- BlackBerry 10.3 OS
- 3450 mAh battery
- 128 x 90.3 x 9.3 mm
The Passport has been selling well in the market (outside the PH at least), which has prompted some resellers to actually increase the price of the device since it’s in such short supply. It would be interesting to see what the official SRP of the Passport in the PH would be, considering that it’s priced at $599, or Php 26,640 before taxes and duties here in the PH.