Could this be a low-cost smartphone from Blackview?
Bang-for-the-buck is the new battleground these days, and more and more companies are outing new phones to fight in that price segment. Blackview, that phone maker from Hong Kong, may just have gotten their own bang-for-the-buck entry via their recently released Omega Pro.
Blackview Omega Pro
- 1.5GHz MediaTek MT6753 64-bit octa-core processor
- 3GB of RAM
- 5-inch HD display, Corning Gorilla Glass 3, 1280 x 720 resolution
- 16GB of internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash
- 2-megapixel front camera
- 3G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS
- Android 5.1 Lollipop
- 2,400mAh battery
Traditionally, we’ve been seeing phones powered with MediaTek’s MT6753 processor retail for under 10K, so that’s what we’re expecting the Omega Pro will retail for. At least we hope so – there’s no rationale for pricing it higher, as the smartphone battle in the PH is slowly boiling down to who can offer the best specs for the least money, at least for the lower-end segment.
No price has been set of yet.