Cherry Mobile Apollo Launched
Cherry Mobile is definitely on a roll! After launching the much talked about Cherry Mobile Flare 2.0 (quad-core for Php3,999), they’re back a it again. This time their newest product is called the Cherry Mobile Apollo and the main selling proposition is that both front and rear cameras have BSI technology for better low-light photos and you can have it for just Php6,999. All the other specs meet the minimum for a good Android experience — quad-core, 1GB RAM, and HSPA+ connectivity.
Definitely an interesting proposition. Here’s the full spec sheet for your reference:
Cherry Mobile Apollo Spec Sheet
- 1.2GHz Quad-core MediaTek MT6589 processor
- PowerVR SGX544
- 1GB RAM
- 4GB internal storage expandable via a MicroSD card slot
- 4.5-inch HD (720 x 1280) IPS display
- 12.0-megapixels primary camera with LED flash and BSI
- 5.0-megapixels secondary camera with BSI
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- HSPA+, 3G, WiFi, WiFi Hotspot, Bluetooth, A-GPS
- 1800 mAh battery
- Android Jelly Bean 4.2
If you don’t want the BSI camera and you want to save a little bit of cash you can just opt for the Cherry Mobile Flare 2x. Php4,449 only and it has a quad-core CPU and 1GB RAM.
We’re set to get the Apollo this week so expect our usual unboxing and full review soon.