It’s the Cherry Mobile Thunder 2.0!
After we saw the product listing of the Cherry Mobile Flare 2.0 on the Cherry Mobile Thailand website, we dug deeper into the site and tried to find if there are other new smartphones there. Turns out there’s several more. The one that grabbed our attention though was the Cherry Mobile Thunder 2.0. The device packs pretty impressive specs including a quad-core CPU, Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, and huge 2,100mAh battery. What’s kinda doubtful (we’re praying it’s a typo) is that the listing shows it just has 512MB RAM. Weird. Anyway, check out the other internals below.
Cherry Mobile Thunder 2.0 Spec Sheet
- 1.2GHz Quad-core Processor
- 512MB RAM (we’re hoping this is a typo and it’s 1GB)
- 4GB Internal Storage, expandable up to 32GB via microSD Card
- 5.0-inch FWVGA Capacitive Touchscreen, 480×854 Resolution
- 5.0-megapixels rear-facing camera with autofocus and flash
- VGA front-facing camera
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 3G, WiFi, WiFi Hotspot, GPS/aGPS, Bluetooth, FM Radio
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
- 2,100mAh Battery
Everything looks good really save for the 512MB RAM. We’re really hoping that it’s just a typo because if it isn’t then this is a lemon, lol. Again just like the Cherry Mobile Flare 2.0 we don’t have info yet for pricing or release date. Based on their release schedule, it looks like the Cherry Mobile Thunder 2.0, Cherry Mobile Flare 2.0, and Cherry Mobile Blaze 2.0 will be Cherry Mobile’s Q3 and Q4 offerings.
By the way, if you haven’t read our review of the Cherry Mobile Thunder yet, click here.