It does look like an armored Mate 20
Rugged phones often look utilitarian, but Doogee’s S95 wants to stand out of the crowd. The latest rugged phone from Doogee looks like a toughened Mate 20 with its square camera module and waterdrop notch and boasts of both IP68 and IP69K ratings while sporting a 13.8mm thick chassis. Its weight, however, may not be for everyone as this phone is heavy at 285 grams.
For the internals, the S95 is fairly powerful with an Helio P90 processor, 8GB LPDDR4X RAM, and 128GB UFS 2.0 storage. Powering it is a huge 5150mAh battery with 10w wireless charging and 24w wired charging, and you can add an additional 3500mAh through an optional battery module.
On the imaging side, you get a triple rear camera setup comprising of a 48-megapixel Sony IMX582 main camera, 8-megapixel telephoto camera, and 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera. Up front, you get a 16-megapixel selfie snapper.
Doogee S95 Specs
- MediaTek Helio P90 octa-core processor
- 8GB RAM
- 6.3-inch Full HD+ display, Gorilla Glass 5
- 128GB UFS 2.0 internal storage
- 4G, LTE
- Dual SIM
- Triple rear cameras: 48-megapixel f/1.8 Sony IMX 582 main camera; 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera; 8-megapixel telephoto camera; LED flash
- 16-megapixel f/2.0 front camera
- WiFi, Bluetooth
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, NFC
- Fingerprint scanner, face unlock, IP68 and IP69K rating, USB-C
- Android 9 Pie
- 5150mAh battery with 10w wireless charging and 24w wired charging
The phone is currently on sale at Doogee’s official store for $399(~Php 20.5k), and an additional $100(~Php 5.2k) gets you a 3500mAh battery module and a Hi-Fi speaker module.