A post on Meizu Philippines‘ Facebook page has confirmed that the company’s Pro 6 Plus phablet will be launching in the Philippines soon.
The 5.7-inch Meizu Pro 6 Plus features Samsung’s powerful Exynos 8890 chipset, which is the same SoC used in the Galaxy S7 flagship series. Aside from that, the Pro 6 Plus has the hallmarks of a flagship tier handset, though it doesn’t showcase bleeding edge internals like most of them. As a result, the handset isn’t as expensive as well.
Meizu Pro 6 Plus
- 2GHz / 2.3GHz Exynos 8890 octa-core processor
- ARM Mali-T880 MP12 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 5.7-inch QHD Super AMOLED display, 3D Touch, Corning Gorilla Glass 4, 2560 x 1440 resolution
- 64GB / 128GB internal storage, UFS 2.0
- 12-megapixel rear camera, Sony IMX386 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, dual-tone 10-LED ring flash, laser AF, 4-axis OIS, 4K video
- 5-megapixel front camera, f/2.0 aperture
- Dual SIM
- 4G VoLTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, NFC
- Fingerprint scanner, heart rate monitor, USB Type-C 3.1 port, ES9018K2M audio chip
- 3400mAh battery, fast charging
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow (Flyme 6.0 OS)
Launched in China last November, the Meizu Pro 6 Plus comes in two flavors. The 64GB storage version comes with the base 2.0GHz clocked Exynos 8890 and is priced at $435 (~Php 22K). The 128GB variant with an overclocked 2.3GHz processor is pegged at a higher $479 (~Php 24.5K).
No word yet from Meizu Philippines on which variants we’ll be seeing for the local release of the Pro 6 Plus. Pricing has yet to be announced as well.