The Red Wins, But The LG V30 Can Hold Its Own
Let’s begin with getting something out of the way. Yes, the $50,000 Red Weapon definitely smokes the LG V30 but that’s not what the video is really about. It’s about how LG seriously upped the videography game on their latest flagship smartphone.
We saw this video by Parker Walbeck on his YouTube channel and, while he’s quick to admit that LG has sponsored the video in the description (though his opinions are his own), I think we can all agree that the result speaks volumes. We’ve seen the Director of Photography of Game of Thrones take it for a whirl as well and he too gave the V30 praise.
As a recap here’s a recap of the specs of the LG V30
LG V30 Specs:
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM
- 6.0-inch 18:9 QuadHD+ OLED FullVision Display (2880 x 1440 / 538ppi) with Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- 64GB UFS 2.0 internal storage (128GB for the V30+), expandable up to 2TB via microSD
- Standard 16-megapixel, f/1.6 and wide-angle 13-megapixel, f/1.9 rear cameras
- Wide-angle 5-megapixel, f/1.9 front camera
- 4G LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth 5.0, A-GPS, GLONASS
- USB Type-C port, Fingerprint sensor, Voice and Face Recognition
- 32-bit Advanced Hi-Fi Quad DAC
- Android 7.1.2 Nougat (LG UX 6.0 UI)
- 3300mAh Li-Ion battery, with Quick Charge 3.0, wireless charging support
If it isn’t obvious by now, I personally cannot wait to try this phone out myself but we’ll have to wait a little longer for its local launch.