Big phone, big battery
Chinese brand Gionee is no stranger to making big phones with big batteries, so the new M6S Plus comes as no surprise to us. The new phone is a phablet that has a massive 6020mAh battery and packs a large 6-inch AMOLED display.
Gionee M6S Plus Specs
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 653 octa-core processor
- 6GB of RAM
- 6-inch full HD AMOLED display, 1920 x 1080 resolution
- 64GB/256GB of storage, expandable via microSD
- 12-megapixel rear camera with f/1.9 aperture, LED flash
- 8-megapixel front camera
- Dual SIM
- 3G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, Fingerprint scanner
- 6020mAh battery
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow, Amigo 3.5 UI
The phone is powered with a Snapdragon 653 chipset with 6GB of RAM as standard, and comes in two storage variants – one 64GB and one 256GB, with an option to further expand that storage even further via microSD.
The phone has a 12-megapixel camera that has a large f/1.9 aperture, with the front camera having an 8-megapixel sensor. The phone’s OS sadly is Android Marshmallow, with Gionee’s custom UI interface, Amigo 3.5, layered on top. The phone also has a fingerprint scanner just like any other mid-range phone out there.
The M6S Plus is priced at RMB 3,499 (Php 25.3K) in China for the 64GB version and RMB 4,299 (Php 41K) for the 256GB version.