Chinese brand Gionee has taken the wraps off of the newest entry in its S series of devices. Dubbed the S6 Pro, the new phone sports MediaTek’s newest processor, the octa-core Helio P10 SoC as well as a metal body, a 5.5-inch full HD display and a 13-megapixel rear camera that the company says is able to lock onto subjects in just 0.1 seconds.
Gionee S6 Pro specs
- 1.8GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio P10 processor
- 4GB of RAM
- 5.5-inch full HD IPS display, 2.5 glass, 1920 x 1080 resolution
- 64GB of expandable storage
- 13-megapixel rear camera with PDAF, LED flash
- 8-megapixel front camera
- Dual SIm
- 3G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, Fingerprint sensor, USB Type-C
- 3130mAh battery
- Android 6.0 with Amigo OS
The phone also sports a fingerprint scanner, 4GB of RAM and Android 6.0, though that’s been diluted somewhat by the company’s own Amigo OS UI overlay that their phones usually ship with.
Gionee is pricing the phone at RMB 1999, roughly equivalent to 14K here.