Would you buy this phone?
Chinese manufacturer Gionee is bringing back one form factor that we thought we left back in the early 2000’s: the clamshell phone. Yup, the clamshell phone (or flip phone) is the form factor of choice for the Chinese company for their new W909 smartphone.
Gionee W909 specs
- MediaTek Helio P10 octa-core processor
- 4GB of RAM
- Twin 4.2-inch HD IPS displays, 1280 x 720 resolution
- 64GB of storage, expandable via microSD
- 16-megapixel rear camera with PDAF, dual-tone LED flash
- 5-megapixel front facing camera
- Dual SIM
- 3G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, Fingerprint scanner, USB Type-C
- 2,530mAh battery
- Android 5.1 Lollipop
The W909 comes with twin 4.2-inch full HD IPS displays as well as a fingerprint scanner embedded on the leather back. It has the typical clamshell physical keys for typing and texting.
Inside beats MediaTek’s Helio P10 octa-core processor, 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage that can further be expanded up to 128GB via a microSD card. The camera is a 16-megapixel snapper with phase detection AF and dual-tone LED flash. A 5-megapixel front camera provides selfies.
The phone comes with Android 5.1 Lollipop with the company’s Amigo UI layered on top. A 2,530mAh battery provides juice, and the phone has LTE and dual SIM capabilities as well, and a USB Type-C port.
The phone is priced at RMB 3999 or Php 28.4K without taxes and duties.