Adios G-series, hello Velvet
After several teasers, LG has officially unveiled the Velvet. The premium mid-range phone aims to replace the G-series and utilizes LG’s new design language. Key characteristics of the Velvet’s new include a triple rear camera setup that is arranged like raindrops and a curved 3D arch display to give it better ergonomics.
The curved display is a large 6.8-inch OLED panel with a tall 20.5:9 aspect ratio. The display has a waterdrop notch that is home to a 16-megapixel selfie snapper. The triple rear camera setup comprises a 48-megapixel main camera with OIS, 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera, and a 5-megapixel depth sensor.
Powering the Velvet is a Snapdragon 765G processor that is paired with 8GB RAM and 128GB internal storage. A 4300mAh battery keeps the lights on, which supports fast wired charging and wireless charging. Aside from stereo speakers, the Velvet retains the much-beloved headphone jack.
Like the V60 ThinQ, the Velvet will have support for LG’s Dual Screen and Stylus Pen accessories.
LG Velvet Specs
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 765 octa-core processor
- Adreno 620 GPU
- 8GB of RAM
- 6.8-inch Full HD+ POLED display; 20.5:9 aspect ratio, 2460 x 1080 resolution
- 128GB of expandable storage
- Dual SIM
- 4G, LTE, 5G
- Triple rear cameras: 48-megapixel f/1.8 main camera with OIS; 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera; 5-megapixel depth sensor; PDAF, LED flash
- 16-megapixel front camera
- WiFi, Bluetooth
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, NFC
- Fingerprint Scanner, IP68 rating, stereo speakers
- 4300mAh battery with fast wired charging and wireless charging
- Android 10
The Velvet will be available for pre-order in Korea from May 8 to 14 for KRW 899,800(~Php 37.1k). Those pre-ordering can choose either an Osmo Mobile 3, an LG Furycare Mini Air Purifier, or a “Character Pack” (Smart lamp and wireless charger) as their freebie. The Velvet will be available in Korea on May 15.