After it was unveiled at IFA 2019, HMD Global officially launches the Nokia 7.2 in the Philippines. Codenamed Daredevil in previous leaks, the Nokia 7.2’s headline feature is its circular module housing three Zeiss-branded cameras: 48-megapixel f/1.8 main camera, 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera, and 5-megapixel depth sensor. HMD Global added new software features for the Nokia 7.2’s cameras that include Night mode and exclusive Zeiss bokeh effects.
Up front, you get a 6.2-inch Full HD+ IPS display with the same PureDisplay tech found on the more premium Nokia 8.1. The dewdrop notch is home to a 20-megapixel camera—the same one found on the Nokia 8.1.
Powering the Nokia 7.2 is a Snapdragon 660 processor paired with 6GB RAM and 128GB internal storage, along with a 3500mAh battery with 10w USB-C charging.
Nokia 7.2 specs
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 processor
- 6GB RAM
- 128GB internal storage
- 6.2-inch Full HD+ PureDisplay IPS display; 500nits brightness, 96% NTSC Color Gamut
- Triple Zeiss rear cameras: 48-megapixel f/1.8 main camera with OIS; 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera; 5-megapixel depth sensor; dual-LED flash, EIS, 4K video recording, AI Scene detection, Portrait mode
- 20-megapixel f/2.0 front camera with 0.9um pixels, AI bokeh effect, AI scene detection
- Dual SIM
- 3G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS
- USB Type-C, fingerprint scanner
- Android 9.0 Pie (Android One)
- 3500mAh battery with 10W fast charging
The Nokia 7.2 is priced at Php 15,990 and will be available starting October 19 at select Nokia stores. On October 19, customers can get the chance of bringing home another Nokia phone with their purchase. The sale is as follows:
10AM-1030AM – free Nokia 7.2
10:31AM to 12 Noon – free Nokia 1
12:01PM to 9PM – free Nokia 105
Those buying the Nokia 7.2 online via Lazada, Shopee, and Mx Online from October 19 to 20 get a free Nokia 105.