HONOR launched two new phones in China with the HONOR 30 Lite and HONOR X10 Max. The HONOR 30 Lite aims to be the most affordable model under the HONOR 30 series. Like its more expensive siblings, the HONOR 30 Lite is 5G-ready with its use of a Dimensity 800 processor paired with 6GB/8GB RAM and 64GB/128GB internal storage. While it does not get an OLED display, the HONOR 30 Lite’s IPS panel boasts of a 90hz refresh rate and 180hz touch response rate.
A 16-megapixel camera takes care of selfies, while a triple rear camera—48-megapixel f/1.8 main camera; 8-megapixel f/2.4 ultra-wide-angle camera, and 2-megapixel f/2.4 depth sensor—takes care of the photo and video side. With its internals, the HONOR 30 Lite can shoot 4K videos with EIS, along with support for Super Night mode. Powering it is a 4000mAh battery with 22.5w wired charging.
The HONOR X10 Max, on the other hand, is the brand’s biggest phone to date thanks to a huge 7.09-inch IPS display. The panel uses an RGBW matrix to provide better brightness than conventional LCDs and has support for HDR10. Given the size of the HONOR X10 Max—measuring at 174.37mm in height and 84.91 mm in width, along with a 232-gram weight—HONOR thinks that it can be used as an infotainment system for cars.
Like the HONOR 30 Lite, the HONOR X10 Max is 5G-ready with its Dimensity 800 processor that is paired with 6GB/8GB RAM and 64GB/128GB internal storage. For the cameras, you get an 8-megapixel selfie snapper and a dual rear camera setup—48-megapixel main rear camera and 2-megapixel depth. As an entertainment device, stereo speakers are standard on the HONOR X10 Max.
Keeping the lights on this behemoth is a 5000mAh battery with 22.5w wired charging.
HONOR X10 Max specs
- MediaTek Dimensity 800 5G octa-core processor
- 6GB/8GB RAM
- 7.09-inch Full HD+ IPS RGBW display, HDR10
- 64GB/128GB internal storage
- Dual rear cameras: 48-megapixel f/1.8 main camera; 2-megapixel f/2.4 depth sensor; LED Flash, PDAF
- 8-megapixel front camera
- Dual SIM
- 3G, 4G, LTE, dual-mode 5G
- WiFi, Bluetooth, Dual-band GPS, NFC
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, face unlock, GPU Turbo, stereo speakers
- 5000mAh battery with 22.5w wired charging
- Android 10 with Magic UI 3.0.1
HONOR 30 Lite Specs
- MediaTek Dimensity 800 octa-core processor
- Mali-G57 MC4 GPU
- 6GB/8GB of RAM
- 6.5-inch Full HD+ IPS display, 90hz refresh rate, 180hz touch response rate
- 64GB/128GB of expandable storage (up to 256GB via NM card)
- Triple rear cameras: 48-megapixel f/1.8 main camera; 8-megapixel f/2.4 ultra-wide-angle camera; 2-megapixel f/2.4 depth sensor; with PDAF, LED Flash, 4K30 video recording
- 16-megapixel f/2.0 front camera
- 4G, LTE, 5G (Dual SIM, Hybrid Tray)
- WiFi, Bluetooth
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Side-mounted Fingerprint scanner, Facial Recognition, USB-C, GPU Turbo 2.0
- Android 10 with Magic UI 3.1
- 4000mAh Battery with 22.5W SuperCharge
The HONOR 30 Lite is priced at CNY 1700(~Php 12k) for the 6GB/64GB model and CNY 1900(~Php 13.4k) for the 6GB/128GB model, and CNY 2200(~Php 15.5k) for the 8GB/128GB model. The HONOR X10 Max, on the other hand, is priced at CNY 1900(~Php 13.4k) for the 6GB/64GB model, CNY 2100(~Php 14.8k) for the 6GB/128GB model, and CNY 2500(~Php 17.6k) for the 8GB/128GB model.
The HONOR X10 Max will be available in China on July 3, while the HONOR 30 Lite will be available on July 7.