HTC has officially announced the entry level HTC Desire 200 and the top of the line HTC Butterfly S. The HTC Desire 200 is obviously for buyers who are on a budget. Because of its entry level specs you will get a 3.5 inch HVGA display with 480 x 320 resolution, an old 1 GHz single core Qualcomm Snapdragon S1 processor, 5 megapixel camera, and a small 1,230 mAh battery. Not really mind-blowing good but hopefully this will be priced low when it becomes available locally.
HTC Desire 200 spec sheet
- 1GHz single core Qualcomm Snapdragon S1 processor
- 512 RAM
- 4GB internal memory expandable up to 32GB via MicroSD
- 3.5 inch HVGA display (320 x 480 pixels) 165 ppi
- 5 megapixel camera, fixed focus
- Beats Audio
- 3G/HSPA, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0
- 1,230 mAh battery
- Android OS with Sense UI
- HTC did not indicate what flavor of Android will it have but it indicates that HTC’s Sense UI will be on top of it.
HTC also announced the successor to the 5-inch HTC Butterfly (HTC Droid DNA in the US), the HTC Butterfly S. It has the same slim form factor and design plus it sports the same 5-inch 1080p full HD display. Big improvements though can be seen under the hood. The Butterfly now has a quad core 1.9 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor (same processor found on the Samsung Galaxy S4), 2GB RAM, a big 3,200 mAh battery and running Andoid 4.2.2 Jellybean.
The device also shares some features found on the HTC One – the 4-megapixel Ultrapixel camera with HTC’s Zoe camera feature, HTC Sense 5 UI, and Boomsound dual speakers found on the both ends of the screen.
HTC Butterfly S Spec Sheet
- 1.9GHz quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal memory expandable via MicroSD up to 65GB
- 5 inch Super LCD 3 full HD display (1080 x 1920) 441 ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Adreno 320 GPU
- 4 megapixel Ultrapixel rear facing camera with Autofocus and LED flash
- 2.1 megapixel front facing camera
- HTC Boomsound front facing speakers
- HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, WiFi hotspot, DLNA, NFC, Bluetooth 4.0, IR Blaster
- GPS with A-GPS support
- 3,200 mAh battery
- Android 4.2.2 Jellybean with HTC’s Sense 5 UI