The phone is made by an ODM in China
HTC marks its re-entry to the Indian market with the Wildfire X. What makes this phone unique is that it is not manufactured by HTC—instead the phone is manufactured by an ODM in China called InOne Smart Technology. This is the same strategy done by Samsung with the Galaxy A6s and the recently launched Galaxy A10s in order to have more affordable phones to rival those being offered by Chinese brands.
Going back to the Wildfire X, HTC’s budget offering comes with a waterdrop-sporting 6.2-inch HD+ display and a triple rear camera setup: 12-megapixel main camera, 8-megapixel telephoto camera with 2x optical zoom, and 5-megapixel depth sensor. Powering the phone is an Helio P22 processor with two configurations: 3GB/32GB and 4GB/128GB.
The Wildfire X comes bundled with a MyBuddy accessory that is used as a distress companion.
HTC Wildfire X Specs
- MediaTek Helio P22 octa-core processor
- 3GB/4GB of RAM
- IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 6.2-inch HD+ display
- 32GB/128GB of expandable storage
- Triple rear cameras: 12-megapixel main camera; 8-megapixel telephoto camera with 2x optical zoom; 5-megapixel depth sensor; with PDAF, LED flash
- 8-megapixel f/2.0 front camera
- Dual SIM
- 4G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- Fingerprint Scanner
- 3300 mAh battery
- Android 9 Pie with HTC Sense
The 3GB/32GB model is priced at INR 10,999(~Php 8.1k) while the 4GB/128GB model is priced at INR 13,999(~Php 10.3k). Both variants will be available in India starting August 22.