HTC Announces Windows Phone Line-up
HTC is joining the Windows 8 bandwagon together shortly after Samsung and Nokia with their announcement of their two new Windows Phones handsets, the HTC 8X and the HTC 8S. Truth be told, when I first saw photos of the two phones I thought they were showing off Nokia smartphones. Seriously, from a distance you’d think that the phones were Lumias! Anyway it looks like that’s pretty much the prevailing Windows Phone hardware design philosophy, lol.
Anyway, the HTC 8X is the higher-end sporting a bigger screen and better specs. The HTC 8S is more of a low-mid range smartphone. Here are the official specifications followed by two promotional videos from HTC.
HTC Windows Phone 8X Spec Sheet
- 1.5GHz dual-core Qualcomm S4 processor
- 1GB RAM
- 16GB Memory, Expandable via MicroSD
- 4.3-inch Super LCD 2 Display, 1280×720 Resolution
- Gorilla Glass
- LTE Capable
- 8-megapixel rear-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 28mm lens, AF, LED Flash
- 2.1-megapixel front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, wide angle
- 1080p video recording
- Beats Audio Technology
- NFC Compatible
- 1,800 mAh Battery
Not bad for a flagship right? I’m just concerned with the 1,800 mAh battery rating. They should have used a better one.
HTC Windows Phone 8S Spec Sheet
- 1.0Ghz dual-core Qualcomm processor
- 512MB RAM
- 4GB Storage, Expandable via microSD
- 4-inch S-LCD Display, 480×800 pixels
- Gorilla Glass
- 5-megapixels rear-facing camera, F2.8 Lens, Auto-Focus, LED Flash
- 1700 mAh Battery
Both handsets are expected to hit stores by mid-November.
Here are the promotional videos for the handsets: