Meet the Huawei Ascend P6!!!
At an event in London, Huawei unveiled the Ascend P6 which they claimed to be the thinnest smartphone in the world at just 6.18mm thick. The phone is running Android 4.2.2 Jellybean with Huawei’s own Emotion UI. Unfortunately, it doesn’t support LTE (only up to HSPA+) which is probably the tradeoff for keeping the price down and the over-all form factor. The device is powered by Huawei’s own chipset – a 1.5GHz quad core Huawei K3V2 processor, which we’re definitely interested to test. Aside from being the slimmest smartphone, its also light with only 120 grams.
Huawei Ascend P6 Spec Sheet
- 1.5GHz quad core Huawei K3V2 processor
- 2GB RAM
- 8GB internal storage with expandable storage via MicroSD up to 32GB
- 4.7 inch LCD display (1280 x 720 pixels) 312 ppi
- 8 megapixel rear facing camera with BSI, autofocus and LED flash
- 5 megapixel front facing camera
- HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth 3.0, NFC
- GPS with A-GPS support
- 2,000 mAh battery
- Android 4.2.2 Jellybean with Emotion UI
The Huawei Ascend P6 will be available first in China next month then followed by Western Europe. The rest of the world will follow after it becomes available in Western Europe.