Huawei’s metal-clad midranger arrives in the PH
Huawei PH reached out to us earlier today to unveil their newest mid-range smartphone, the G8. The G8 sports a mid-range Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 octa-core processor, 3GB of RAM, full HD IPS display and a new, improved fingerprint scanner on the back, as well as 32GB of storage and a swanky metal body.
Huawei G8 specs
- 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 octa-core processor
- Adreno 405 GPU
- 3GB of RAM
- 5.5-inch full HD display with 2.5D glass, Gorilla Glass 3 protection, 1920 x 1080 resolution
- 32GB of storage, expandable via microSD
- 13-megapixel rear camera, AF, dual LED flash
- 5-megapixel front camera
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, USB OTG, Fingerprint scanner
- 3000mAh battery
- Android 5.1 with EMUI 3.1
Huawei is unapologetically positioning the G8 as the direct competitor of Samsung’s metal-clad A8 smartphone. The company says that their product is better in almost every way compared to Samsung’s offering, including pricing – the G8 is priced at just Php 17,990, while the A8 is priced higher, at Php 24,999.