Earlier in November, Huawei globally launched the midrange, dual-camera Mate 9 Lite. In China, the Mate 9 Lite was launched last October under the Honor 6X sub-brand. Now, it seems that Huawei is planning to roll-out the same handset for SEA markets as the GR5 2017. Why all the name-changing and brand-finagling? Who knows. Chalk it up to Huawei’s marketing division.
Here’s a quick recap of what to expect from the Huawei Mate 9 Lite / Honor 6X / GR 2017.
Huawei GR 2017
- 2.1GHz HiSilicon Kirin 655 octa-core processor
- 3GB or 4GB RAM
- 5.5-inch FHD IPS display, 1920 x 1080 resolution
- 32GB or 64GB internal storage
- 12-megapixel primary rear camera
- 2-megapixel secondary rear camera
- 8-megapixel front camera
- Dual SIM
- 3G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS
- Fingerprint scanner
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow (EMUI 4.1)
- 3,340mAh battery
Currently, Huawei has already launched the GR 2017 in Sri Lanka and plans to roll-out the smartphone in Vietnam, Indonesia, and other Southeast Asian countries later on. We’re expecting this particular Huawei handset to come to local shores with whatever device moniker Huawei deems fit for the Philippines.