While we are still eagerly waiting for the Mate 40 series, Huawei continues to update its budget mid-range line, unveiling the P Smart 2021 for the European market. As a successor to the P Smart 2020, the P Smart 2021 employs a centrally-placed punch-hole and a quad-rear camera setup. Here are the good and bad about the P Smart 2021:
- The generous 6.67-inch Full HD+ display with a centrally-placed punch-hole for the 8-megapixel selfie snapper.
- Quad rear cameras that consist of a 48-megapixel f/1.8 main camera, 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera, and two 2-megapixel cameras: one for macro and one for depth sensing.
- 5000mAh battery with Huawei’s 22.5w wired charging solution.
- Decent 4GB RAM and 128GB internal storage.
- The Kirin 710a processor is not exactly a good choice for a mid-range phone, as the 2-year-old processor is already showing its age.
How much will it cost?
The P Smart 2021 will cost 229 Euros (~Php 13k) when it becomes available in European markets in October. Prices in Europe are always more expensive, so expect the P Smart 2021 (or whatever it will be called) to be cheaper once it becomes available in the Philippines.