Huawei’s latest flagship, the P10, is certainly an interesting smartphone. It’s the second generation of their dual-camera joint venture with famed camera brand Leica, and as such has all the improvements that reviewers noted was lacking on the first iteration. While we still don’t have a review unit to show you guys how the phone stacks up to its competitors, camera testing site DxO Mark has done a majority of the legwork to see how the phone stacked up to its peers.
Huawei P10 specs
- HiSilicon Kirin 960 octa-core processor
- 4GB of RAM
- 5.1-inch full HD display, 1920 x 1080 resolution
- 64GB expandable storage via microSD
- Leica co-developed cameras, 12-megapixel color sensor, 20-megapixel monochrome sensor, f/2.2 aperture, OIS
- 8-megapixel front camera
- Dual SIM
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, NFC, Fingerprint scanner, fast charge
- 3200mAh battery
- Android 7.0 Nougat (EMUI 5.1)
The Huawei P10 managed to crack a score of 87 points with the site, which is a point below the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, HTC 10, and Sony Xperia X Performance. It’s joined in that spot by the Moto Z Force Droid, Sony Xperia XZ, Samsung Galasy S6 Edge Plus and the Xperia Z5. Apple’s iPhone 7, if you must know, is ranked lower at 86 points.
Interestingly the Mate 9 which has almost identical cameras come in at 85 points. It looks like Huawei has further tweaked the software of the P10 before release to achieve such high scores – we’ll have to see how the camera fares in our testing till then.
You can read our hands on of the P10 here.