Huawei may have had a great year selling P9s and P9 Plus(es), but the company’s midrange lineup was lacking last year (aside from the P9 Lite). Huawei wants to change that by bringing over their 2017 refresh of the GR5, which was leaked earlier than expected by a local retailer.
The phone was already announced and launched in territories like Bangladesh, and just like the original GR5 the 2017 model is basically a re-badged Honor 6X that was launched earlier this year.
Huawei Honor 6x specs
- 2.1GHz Kirin 655 octa-core processor
- 3GB/4GB of RAM
- 5.5-inch full HD IPS display, 1920 x 1080 resolution
- 32GB/64GB of expandable storage
- 12-megapixel rear camera with 2-megapixel secondary camera
- 8-megapixel front camera
- Dual SIM
- 3G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, Fingerprint scanner
- 3,340mAh battery
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow, EMUI 4.1
The GR5 2017 brings Huawei’s dual-camera expertise to a lower price point, along with a fingerprint scanner and stylish metal body. According to the retailer, the phone will sell for around Php 14K when it eventually launches in the PH, which is a little bit more than what the original GR5 went for when it was initially offered.