Pity it won’t be arriving in our shores anytime soon
While Huawei’s internet sales only Honor line is no longer officially in the Philippines, it’s still pumping out drool-worthy, bang-for-the-buck smartphones in the other countries it still operates in. The newest darling of the sub-brand, the Honor 9 is its best yet, equipped with hardware that’s roughly equivalent to P10.
Honor 9 specs
- 2.4GHz HiSilicon Kirin 960 octa-core processor
- Mali G71 MP8 GPU
- 4GB/6GB RAM
- 5.15-inch full HD LTPS display, 1920 x 1080 resolution
- 64GB/128GB storage, expandable via microSD up to 256GB
- 12-megapixel main color sensor plus 20-megapixel monochrome sensor, PDAF, laser AF, dual LED flash
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 3G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, fingerprint scanner, USB Type-C, NFC, HiFi Audio
- Android 7.0 Nougat with EMUI 5.1
- 3,200mAh battery
Specifically we’re talking about a HiSilicon Kirin 960 octa-core processor, 4GB/6GB of RAM, 64GB/128GB of storage along with a 20-megapixel monochrome and 12-megapixel RGB rear camera with PDAF, laser AF and dual-LED flash.
The phone also gets a gorgeous, metal and glass body, 5.15-inch full HD LTPS display, 3,200mAh battery, Android Nougat and EMUI 5.1.
The new phone will retail for RMB 2,299 (Php 16.7K) for the 4GB/64GB variant, RMB 2,699 (Php 19.6K) for the 6GB/64GB variant and RMB 2,999 (Php 21.8K) for the 6GB/128GB variant. Sales will start June 16 in China.