This might also be the name of the phone here in the Philippines
While Huawei is prepping to launch the Nova 2 Lite this weekend, the next entry to the Nova family just became official in China. The Nova 3e was announced today, and from the looks of things, it’s the same smartphone that will be officially announced in Paris as the P20 Lite.
The Nova 3e/P20 Lite has a 5.84-inch IPS full HD+ display with a notch on top for the 24-megapixel f/2.0 Sony IMX 576 selfie camera, while the rear carries a 16-megapixel rear camera with a f/2.2 aperture and a 2-megapixel secondary camera. Inside sits a Kirin 659 chip with an octa-core A53 processor, Mali-T830 GPU and 4GB of RAM.
Here’s a recap of its spec sheet:
Huawei Nova 3e specs
- Kirin 659 octa-core processor
- 4GB of RAM
- 5.84-inch Full HD+ display, 18:9 display aspect ratio
- 64GB/128GB of storage, expandable via microSD
- 16-Megapixel f/2.2 and 2-Megapixel rear cameras with PDAF and LED Flash
- 24-Megapixel f/2.0 Sony IMX 576 front camera with LED flash
- Dual SIM
- 3G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, Fingerprint scanner, USB-C
- 3000mAh battery with Fast Charging
- Android Oreo with EMUI 8.0
In comparison with what we know about the P20 Lite, the only main difference between the two is with the front camera, as the P20 Lite uses a 16-megapixel snapper. In addition, the Nova 3e will have a 128GB variant, while the P20 Lite will only have a 64GB variant.
Pricing in China starts at RMB 1999 or Php 16.4K for the 64GB version while the 128GB version is priced at RMB 2,199 or Php 18K. Do not be surprised at the price disparity between the Nova 3e in China and the P20 Lite in Europe, as it is normal for phones to be more expensive in the European market.
Here’s what we have written about the P20 Lite: