It’ll sell the Honor 9 Lite to start
Honor, a sub-brand created by Huawei to combat Xiaomi’s online-only efforts in China is making a return to the Philippines. True to their roots, Honor is looking to take another swing at the online marketplace, this time partnering with Shopee Philippines to offer the Honor 9 Lite.
The launch is happening on the 25th of April, signaling the return for the sub-brand in the Philippines after being absent for around 2 years. Back in 2016 we first reported that the Honor brand left the Philippines, and while their phones did occasionally pop up in the market, they almost always had Huawei branding, as is the case with the GR5.
Unsubstantiated rumors were that the Honor brand was cannibalizing Huawei sales since it was offered both in online and offline locations instead of the online-only strategy that was adopted in other countries. It would be interesting to see if the people in charge of the Honor brand will adopt the same strategy or it’ll keep sales purely offline to avoid the problems of the past.
Honor 9 Lite/Honor 9 Youth
- 2.36GHz octa-core Kirin 659 processor
- 3GB/4GB of RAM
- 5.65-inch full HD+ IPS display, 2160 x 1080 resolution
- 32GB/64GB of expandable storage
- 13-megapixel rear camera with 2-megapixel secondary cam
- 13-megapixel front camera with 2-megapixel secondary cam
- Dual SIM
- 3G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, Fingerprint sensor
- Android 8.0 Oreo with EMUI 8.0
- 3000mAh battery
Regardless, they’ll be bringing over the Honor 9 Lite that was released last year as the first phone in their return to the Philippines.