Roughly eight months after Huawei introduced its value-packed Y9 2019, the Chinese brand updates it with a modern look and added features with the Y9 Prime 2019. The mid-range phone’s standout feature is its large 6.59-inch Full HD+ display that is free of any notch. While there’s a sliver of a bezel on top to house the earpiece, the Y9 Prime 2019 makes use of a pop-up module to house the 16-megapixel front camera.
Instead of a dual rear camera setup, the Y9 Prime 2019 gets a triple rear camera module consisting of a 16-megapixel f/1.8 main camera, 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera, and 2-megapixel depth sensor. Other upgrades include USB-C, a two-toned textured back panel, and double the internal storage at 128GB.
Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 Specs
- HiSilicon Kirin 710 octa-core processor
- Mali-G51 MP4 GPU
- 4GB of RAM
- 6.59-inch Full HD+ IPS LCD Display; 1080×2340 resolution
- 128GB of expandable storage
- 16-megapixel f/1.8 main camera with 6P lens; 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera; 2-megapixel depth sensor; with AI Scene Detection, PDAF, LED Flash
- 16-megapixel pop-up front camera
- 4G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth v4.2
- Fingerprint Scanner, Face Unlock, USB-C
- Android Pie 9.0 with EMUI 9
- 4000mAh Battery
What makes the Y9 Prime 2019 very interesting is the price: at Php 12,990 (also the price of the Y9 2019 when it launched November last year), the Y9 Prime 2019 is one of the most affordable phones with a notch-free display and pop-up module.