Leaked slides reveal the Redmi Note 5’s features.
The successor to Xiaomi’s widely-popular Redmi Note 4 has now hit the leak reports. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 looks like it’ll be packing the same 5.5-inch Full HD IPS display for energy efficiency, though it comes with a smaller battery pack this time, now at 3790mAh from the Note 4’s 4100mAh. To offset the lesser power pack, the Note 5 will be supporting Qualcomm’s Quick Charge 3.0 over a USB Type-C port.
For the Note 5’s SoC, consumers will have a choice between a Snapdragon 630 and a Snapdragon 660. Both are upgrades over the Note 4’s Snapdragon 625, especially the latter, which is loaded with Qualcomm Kryo cores superior to the aging ARM A53 Cortex cores. Also, the SD 660 has a newer graphics processing unit in the form of the Adreno 512.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (Rumored Specs)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 or 660 octa-core processor
- Qualcomm Adreno 508 or 512 graphics unit
- 3GB/4GB of RAM
- 5.5-inch Full HD IPS display, 1920 x 1080 resolution
- 32GB/64GB expandable storage, via microSD
- 16-megapixel Sony IMX 234 rear camera, f/2.0 aperture, with PDAF
- 13-megapixel front camera
- Dual SIM, with 4G LTE, LTE-A
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS
- Fingerprint sensor, USB Type-C port
- 3790mAh battery, with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
- Android 7.0 Nougat with MIUI 8
According to GSMArena‘s source, the pricing scheme for the upcoming Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 is as follows. Unfortunately, the price list doesn’t specify which chipset powers which models, so we’ll have to wait for more info on that part.