Supposedly, the lesser sibling of the recently rumored Xiaomi Redmi Note 5
Weibo leaksters have posted photos of the supposed Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A‘s retail box as well as the handset’s specifications. The Redmi Note 5A is speculated to be a weaker, cheaper variant of the recently gossiped Redmi Note 5, but it will be sporting a mid-range Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 chipset as well as respectable hardware.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A (Rumored Specs)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 octa-core processor
- Qualcomm Adreno 506 graphics unit
- 4GB of RAM
- 5.5-inch Full HD display, 1920 x 1080 resolution
- 64GB of expandable storage, via microSD
- 12-megapixel Omnivision primary rear camera, wide angle + 13-megapixel Omnivision secondary rear camera
- 5-megapixel Samsung front camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Android 7.0 Nougat, with MIUI
The rumor mill is speculating that the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A, like the earlier Redmi 4A, will be shipping with a polycarbonate chassis to cut down on costs, as it’s supposed to be cheaper than the base Redmi Note 5 model.
Related: Leaked: Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Specs