Super Cheap LTE Smartphone
How cheap can an LTE-capable smartphone go? Apparently it can go way below Php5,000. The newly listed Lenovo A3900 will retail for $80 (roughly Php3,500) and while the internals aren’t too impressive, it can hook you up with LTE.
What’s also surprising is that it has a decent 5.0-inch display. Resolution isn’t too good as it just has 480×854 pixels but you can’t really complain since you’re not paying too much for this device. The 1.2GHz Mediatek quad-core processor and 512MB RAM will also mean a not-so-smooth Android experience. Just think of it as a 4G Pocket WiFi device that also happens to be a smartphone, hehe.
Anyway, here are the full specifications:
Lenovo A3900 Spec Sheet
- 1.2GHz Mediatek MT6752 Quad-core processor
- 512MB RAM
- 4GB Internal Memory (expandable up to 32GB via microSD slot)
- 5-inch IPS capacitive display @ 196 PPI pixel density (480 x 854 pixels)
- Dual SIM (Micro and Mini SIM) with Dual Standby, LTE Connectivity
- 5MP Autofocus rear-facing camera
- 2MP front shooter
- Li-Polymer 2300mAh battery
- Android 4.4 Kitkat with Lenovo Vibe UI
Now word yet on the actual price for the Philippines and if it will even reach our shores. There’s a good chance that it might though seeing as this is a budget-friendly offering.
PS: We saw that this model only supports LTE Band 1800 so it will probably only work on Globe’s LTE network, not Smart’s.
Thank you Archie for the tip!