Meet the Lenovo A706!
Lenovo Mobile Philippines launched a bunch of new smartphones for the local market last night. One of the them is the Lenovo A706 which touts a powerful quad-core processor using Qualcomm’s Snapdragon MSM8255 chipset. It comes with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean out of the box and we can expect a smooth experience with it considering it has 1GB RAM and a 4.5-inch display with 854 x 480 resolution. Complete spec rundown in the post below.
Lenovo A706 Spec Sheet
- 1.2GHz Quad-core Processor, Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8255 Chipset
- Adreno 200 GPU
- 1GB RAM
- 4GB Internal Storage, expandable up to 32GB via microSD Card
- 4.5-inch IPS capacitive touchscreen, 854×480 resolution
- 5.0-megapixel rear-facing camera with auto focus
- VGA front-facing camera
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- WiFi, WiFi Hotspot, 3G, Bluetooth, GPS with A GPS Support
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- 2,000mAh Battery
As you can see the internals are very competitive with the only downer being the 5-megapixel shooter and absence of LED flash. Hopefully though that should considerably bring down the price. We’re actually hoping that this turns out to be the most affordable quad-core smartphone but unforunately they didn’t say how much the device will sell for when it hits in the Philippines in May.
PS: We’re working on getting review units as well as having Lenovo Mobile PH to guest on the podcast. :D