IFA 2016 has ended and still, Lenovo is announcing and launching devices everywhere. The latest Lenovo smartphone to grace the headlines is the Moto G4 Play, which the company just launched in India for the budget price of 8,999 INR (~Php 6.3K). Let’s see if the Moto G4 Play is worth the money.
Moto G4 Play
- 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 quad-core processor
- Adreno 306 graphics processor
- 2GB RAM
- 5-inch HD display, 1280 x 720 resolution
- 16GB expandable storage, up to 128GB via microSD
- 8-megapixel rear camera, f/2.2 aperture, LED flash
- 5-megapixel front camera, f/2.2 aperture
- Dual SIM
- 4G LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- 2800mAh battery
With these specifications, you’re probably better off with the cheaper Xiaomi Redmi 3 or the similarly-priced Xiaomi Redmi 3S variant, both with better specifications (and also, unofficial availability). Of course, we’re playing with direct currency conversions here, so really, local pricing will be a major factor if ever the Moto G4 Play gets an official release here in the country.
The Moto G4 Play is available in Amazon India for 8,999 INR (~Php 6.3K).