Another bang for the buck device coming from Lenovo?
Lenovo has a potential winner with their Vibe Shot, their own interpretation of the high spec shooter that Nokia popularized with their 1020. We’ve spent some hands-on time with the Vibe Shot both in Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain and here in the Philippines, and we’re very excited to see exactly what the Vibe Shot can deliver when it’s officially launched here.
Lenovo Vibe Shot specs
- 1.7Ghz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor
- 3GB of RAM
- 5-inch full HD display, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, 1920 x 1080 resolution
- 32GB of storage, expandable via microSD up to 128GB
- 16-megapixel rear camera with OIS, IR laser AF, triple LED flash
- 8-megapixel front facing camera
- 3G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS
- Android 5.0 Lollipop
- 2900mAh battery
The only remaining question is price – while Lenovo gave a rough price estimate back in Barcelona of $349, or around 15K. Well, the device has finally launched in Lenovo’s home country of China, and guess what – it carries a retail price of RMB 1799, or around Php 12,900.
IF Lenovo can retain that price point or make sure that the phone launches at under 15K, the Vibe Shot has a, well, shot of being able to stand toe to toe against ASUS’ Zenfone 2. The Lenovo Vibe Shot has a very compelling feature set and a better imaging package compared to the Zenfone 2, and might just be the hit device for Lenovo this year. Lenovo’s head honcho for mobile Dino Romano has confirmed that the Vibe Shot may arrive as soon as June here in the PH.