Meet the Lenovo Vibe X
Lenovo has been on a roll lately when it comes to their hardware design. The Lenovo K900 is still one of the best designed phablets ever made and they even followed this up with the super thin duo of the S920 and S820. Yesterday they added a new smartphone to their already formidable line-up — the Lenovo S960 Vibe X. Measuring just 6.9mm thick, the Lenovo Vibe X is a super slim smartphone that’s packed with power and high quality materials. Powering it is MediaTek’s turbo quad-core processor paired with a generous serving of 2GB RAM. This set-up should be more than enough to give a seamless and fluid user experience given the demanding 1080p 5-inch screen.
Here’s a quick look at the complete specifications.
Lenovo S960 Vibe X Spec Sheet
- 1.5GHz Quad-core Processor, MediaTek MT6589T Chipset
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB/32GB Internal Storage, no microSD Slot
- 5.0-inches Full HD 1080 x 1920 resolution, 441 pixels per inch
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 13.0-megapixels primary camera with Digital Zoom, Auto Focus, and LED Flash
- 5.0-megapixels secondary camera
- 3G, WiFi, WiFi Hotspot, HSPA+, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS/aGPS
- USB On-the-Go OTG Support
- Android Jelly Bean 4.2
- 2,000mAh Li-Ion Battery
- SRP: Php19,999
Design-wise, the Lenovo Vibe X is a winner. However the market, especially the budget conscious segment, will be hesitant to bite given the price tag. At Php19,999 the Lenovo Vibe X goes up against global powerhouses that can offer more powerful processors and most importantly LTE connectivity.
If you want to make a “statement” though this is probably one of the phones that can do the job.