Let the ultra-budget phone wars commence!
A few days ago Xiaomi launched their budget Redmi 3 smartphone, an affordable all-metal phone that’s set to retail around Php 5K in China. Domestic rival Lenovo has launched their answer to that phone, dubbed the Lemon 3 that matches the Redmi 3 spec by spec.
Lenovo Lemon 3 specs
- 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 octa-core processor
- Adreno 405 GPU
- 2GB of RAM
- 5-inch full HD IPS display, 1920 x 1080 resolution
- 16GB of storage, expandable via microSD
- 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash
- 5-megapixel front-facing camera
- Dual SIM
- 3G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS
- 2750mAh battery
- Android 5.1 Lollipop
Aside from matching the Redmi 3 in specs, the phone also sports a full metal body, similar to Xiaomi’s Redmi 3. Unlike Xiaomi, Lenovo has a good track record of selling phones revealed in China here in the PH, though they may take a different name when sold locally – remember the A7000 Plus and the K3 Note? The Lenovo Lemon retails for RMB 699 in China, roughly 5K converted.