Aside from the 5.7-inch Nexus 6P, Google also announced their newest Nexus device, the 5X. The rumors are true – LG has returned to make the smaller Nexus smartphone, and boy is it nice. Let’s check out the specs:
Google Nexus 5X specs
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 hexa-core processor
- 2GB of RAM
- 5.2-inch, full HD display, Gorilla Glass 3 protection, 1920 x 1080 resolution
- 16GB, 32GB storage
- 12.3-megapixel rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, IR AF
- 5-megapixel front camera, f/2.2 aperture
- 3G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, USB Type-C, Fingerprint scanner
- 2550mAh battery
- Android 6 Marshmallow
Obviously the Nexus 5X sports lower specs than its bigger brother – Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 808 processor, 5.2-inch full HD display, 12.3-megapixel rear camera, fingerprint scanner and 2550mAh battery. We’d forgive you if you think that the Nexus 5X is essentially a LG G3 in a nicer looking body – the hardware config looks similar to LG’s current flagship, which may not endear it to some people looking for a big hardware jump. The Nexus 5X also sports the same UltraPixel camera as the Nexus 6P, so you’ll be getting the same features as well – IR AF, slow-mo shooting up to 240FPS and enhanced low-light performance.
The Nexus 5X is cheaper than the 6P, though storage options start at 16GB, which will retail for $379.99 or Php 17.8K.