After debuting its DualScreen solution with the V50 ThinQ, LG adds another phone that supports the unique accessory with the G8x ThinQ. Unlike the G8 ThinQ and V50 ThinQ, the G8x ThinQ opts for a small waterdrop notch what houses a 32-megapixel Quad Bayer camera. It has the same screen size as the V50 ThinQ, though LG employed an in-display fingerprint scanner for the G8x ThinQ—a first for the brand.
You have the same internals found on the G8 ThinQ—Snapdragon 855, 6GB RAM, 128GB internal storage—along with a dual rear camera setup, and QuadDAC.
As for the DualScreen accessory, it comes with a 6.4-inch internal display and 2.1-inch monochrome OLED display, giving the G8x ThinQ a total of three displays with the DualScreen installed.
The DualScreen plugs through the phone’s USB-C port, leaving a set of POGO pins for charging the phone with a supplied adapter.
LG G8x ThinQ Specs
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 octa-core processor
- Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB of RAM
- 6.4-inch QHD+ FullVision POLED Display; 3120 x 1440 resolution with HDR10 support
- 128GB of expandable storage
- Dual SIM
- 4G, LTE, 5G
- Dual Rear Camera: 12-megapixel f/1.8 main camera with OIS, 1.4um pixels, and dual pixel AF; and 13-megapixel f/2.4 wide-angle camera with 136-degree POV; dual LED Flash
- 32-megapixel Quad Bayer camera
- WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- Fingerprint Scanner, IP68 Rating, 32-bit QuadDAC
- 4000mAh battery with support for QuickCharge 3.0 and wireless charging
- Android 9.0 Pie
LG did not reveal pricing and availability of the G8x ThinQ as of press time.