MediaTek has been steadily positioning itself in recent years to be a competitive rival to industry giants Qualcomm and Samsung in SoC manufacturing. With the unveiling of their newest Helio X30 chipset, MediaTek is definitely aiming to dethrone its competitors’ top-of-the-line offerings.
MediaTek’s new deca-core Helio X30 builds on last year’s X20 and X25 with notable improvements in its architecture. Here are the announced details:
Helio X30 chipset specifications
- Deca-core processor, 4x Cortex A-73 cores at 2.8GHz + 4x Cortex A-53 cores at 2.2GHz + 2x Cortex A-35 cores at 2GHz
- Quad-core PowerVR 7XT graphics processor
- 8GB RAM maximum capacity, LPDDR4 POP 1600MHz channels
- Supports 40-megapixel cameras with 24 fps video capture cap
- Supports 16-megapixel cameras with 60 fps video capture cap
- Supports 8-megapixel cameras with 120 fps video capture cap
- 10nm FinFET manufacturing process
MediaTek’s new Helio X30 is scheduled to arrive on mobile devices next year.
Local MediaTek and Helio fans can already get a taste of the Helio chipset’s prowess through the Cherry Mobile M1, the first ever Helio X20 phone to land on Philippine shores.
Cherry Mobile M1 Hands-on, First Impressions: Performance On A Budget?
Cherry Mobile M1 Performance Review
Cherry Mobile Announces M1, First MediaTek Helio X20 in SEA, Priced At Just Php 11,999
Will MediaTek’s Upcoming Helio X30 Beat Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 820?