It is going to challenge the Redmi Note 7
The Redmi Note 7 is going to face a lot of competition as Meizu joins in the fray with the Meizu Note 9. Meizu’s new mid-range phone is their first phone to sport a 48-megapixel camera, along with a Snapdragon 675 processor.
It is a compelling mid-range offering as it offers top-notch features such as a 6.2-inch Full HD+ display, 4000mAh battery with 18W fast charging, 20-megapixel front camera, and a variety of performance-enhancing features like Hyper Gaming and Game Mode 3.0
Meizu Note 9 specs
- Snapdragon 675 Octa-core processor
- Adreno 612 GPU
- 4GB/6GB RAM
- 6.2-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED display
- 64GB/128GB internal storage
- 4G, LTE
- Dual SIM
- 48-Megapixel f/1.7 Samsung GM1 main camera; 5-megapixel depth sensor; LED flash
- 20-Megapixel f/2.0 front camera with Auto HDR and AI
- WiFi, Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, GLONASS
- USB-C, fingerprint scanner, face unlock, Hyper Gaming and Game Mode 3.0
- 4000mAh battery with 18W fast charging
- Android 9.0 Pie with Flyme 7.2 OS
The Note 9 is priced at CNY1,398 (~Php 10.9k) for the 4GB/64 GB variant and CNY1,598 (~Php 12.5k) for the 6GB/64 GB and 4GB/128 GB variants. While it is more expensive than the Redmi Note 7, the Note 9 comes with bigger storage variants, a better processor, and a higher resolution front camera.
The Note 9 will be available in China starting March 11.