A step up from last year’s Meizu 16
Meizu updates its Meizu 16 flagship phone with the Meizu 16s. The updated model retains its notch-free display, sporting skinny top and bottom bezels for a 91.53% screen-to-body ratio. The 6.2-inch Super AMOLED display filters up to 33% blue light and supports DC Dimming for less eye strain.
While the Meizu 16s retains a dual rear camera setup, you get a 48-megapixel f/1.7 Sony IMX586 main camera with OIS and 20-megapixel f/2.6 Sony IMX350 wide-angle camera. The combination lets the Meizu 16s have features such as Super Night View, Portrait Bokeh Mode, and Ultra 48MP Mode. For the front camera, you have the same 20-megapixel module found in its predecessor.
Powering the Meizu 16s is a Snapdragon 855 processor paired with 6GB/8GB LPDDR4X RAM and 128GB/256GB internal storage. The battery gets a significant bump at 3600mAh and comes with Meizu’s 24w mCharge fast charging solution.
MEIZU 16s specs
- Snapdragon 855 Octa-core processor
- Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB/8GB RAM
- 6.2-inch Full HD+ Samsung Super AMOLED display with DC Dimming
- 128GB/256GB internal storage
- 4G, LTE
- Dual SIM
- 48-Megapixel f/1.7 Sony IMX586 main camera with 4-axis OIS; 20-megapixel f/2.6 Sony IMX350 wide-angle camera; 6-LED ring LED flash, Super night scene, Portrait Bokeh mode
- 20-Megapixel f/2.0 Samsung 3T2 front camera with Auto HDR and AI Portrait
- WiFi, Bluetooth 5.0
- Dual Band GPS
- USB Type-C, In-display fingerprint sensor, stereo speakers, mEngine 3.0 vibration motor, Hyper Gaming mode
- 3600mAh battery with 24W mCharge fast charging
- Android 9 Pie with Flyme 7.3 OS
The 6GB/128GB model is priced at CNY 3198(~Php 24.8k), while the 8GB/128GB is priced at CNY 3498(~Php 27.1k). The top-tier 8GB/256GB variant is priced at CNY 3998(~Php 31k). The Meizu 16s will be available in China on April 28.